One Skillet Enchilada Pasta. I have a new baby boy. That makes three kids ages 4 and under. My attention is......well, very divided these days. I love cooking. I love to make a warm, yummy, bubbly meal. However, I cannot make a meal that requires lots of attention or intricate details. I need to get dinner on the table quick during the hour in which my toddlers seem to have the MOST energy and needs.
Its amazing isn't it?! It's like their little bodies can tell time. My day can be going smoothly and I can feel pretty pulled together.....then, 4:45 hits and the crazy breaks loose. That also happens to be right before I start dinner. OYE! Lets band together moms and make a pact, we won't let the crazy hour ruin dinner. This one skillet pasta is essentially a homemade version of hamburger helper. It comes together quickly and tastes amazing. Toddlers will be happy, hungry teenage boys will praise you, husbands will be calling dibs on the leftovers for lunch. Wow them!
(And P.S.....Keep a few bags of my Secret Recipe Taco Filling in the freezer and you will even be one more step ahead with this meal)
*recipe inspired by Number 2 Pencil*
One Skillet Enchilada PastaBy
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cups Secret Recipe Taco Filling
- 14 oz can chicken broth
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce
- 3 cups dried rotini pasta
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese shredded (plus more for garnish)
- Garnish with black olives green onions, tomatoes, and sour cream
- In a large skillet with a lit, saute garlic and onions in olive oil over medium heat until soft.
- Add Secret Recipe Taco Filling and stir until warmed.
- Add pasta, broth, and enchilada sauce to pan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Remove lid and stir in 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Remove from heat and top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve with black olives, green onions, tomatoes, and sour cream.
Liked the One Skillet Enchilada Pasta? Try my Chicken Enchilada Pasta