On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days. Here is recipe 41: Caramel Apple Sticky Buns!
I love the cinnamon rolls in The Pioneer Woman Cooks. So, when she posted a new sweet roll recipe on her blog, I knew that I had to give it a try. And when my husband saw that the recipe included apples, he was all for a sweet breakfast.
Look at these yummy treats! The caramel is perfect and not too rich. The apples make them extra gooey and special.
I made my dough in the bread machine rather than using the recipe for dough that Ree Drummond uses. But I used the filling and the caramel recipe and it was wonderful!
Caramel Apple Sticky Buns
1 egg at room temp + enough warm water to = 1 cup
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 tablespoon oil
⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 ½ cup flour
1 ½ teaspoon active dry yeast
¼ cup butter
½ cup cinnamon sugar
Caramel Apple Topping:
1 stick butter
1 ½ cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon corn syrup
2 tablespoon heavy cream
1 Granny Smith apple peeled and finely diced
1. Make the dough in your bread machine on the dough setting.
2. Roll out the dough to a rectangle. Pour the ¼ cup melted butter on the dough and sprinkle with the ½ cup cinnamon sugar. Roll up into a long roll and then slice in to 1 ½ inch to 2 inch rolls.
3. In a heavy saucepan, melt 1 stick butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and heavy cream. Bring to a boil then remove from the heat.
4. Pour about half of the caramel sauce in to a greased 9 inch cake pan. Top with chopped apple and then arrange the rolls on top.
5. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes, cover with foil for the first 20 minutes.
6. Invert rolls on to a serving plate and serve with a smile and extra caramel sauce on the side.
Loved my Caramel Apple Sticky Buns? Try the Carmel Apple Sticky Buns
↓↓↓ And don't forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓