This dinner is phenomenal! These Chicken Parmesan meatballs are juicy and flavorful. The Italian seasonings and melted cheese make this a perfect comfort meal. Make a double batch of the meatballs for the freezer and you've got a quick dinner on hand at all time. This is now my third Chicken Parmesan inspired meal. Have you checked out my Cheater Chicken Parmesan or my Baked Chicken Parmesan? Add this recipe to your go to list of freezer meals and have dinner ready in no time.
Chicken Parmesan MeatballsBy
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ⅓ cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or ½ tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic about 1 clove
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 1 egg whisked
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups pizza sauce homemade or jarred
- 12 thin slices of fresh mozzarella
- Noodles for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together first 10 ingredients. Shape in to 12 golf ball sized meatballs. Place 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Mix olive oil and ¼ cup pizza sauce in a small bowl and brush this mixture over the top of each meatball. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven and spoon 1Tbsp pizza sauce over each meatball and top each with a slice of fresh mozzarella.
- Place back in oven and broil on high for 3 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Heat remaining sauce in a small sauce pan and serve over noodles.
Liked this recipe? Check my Cheater Chicken Parmesan