Many have a family recipe for Hot Buttered Rum. This one has been in our family for years and years and years. And let me just give it to you straight…..this one is the best. It is frothy and creamy and rich. It’s nothing short of comfort. I have one secret ingredient that I add to mine that separates it from the rest. And it just takes it over the top. Keep reading if you also want to skip the rum and still enjoy this treat. (Perfect for the kiddos)
Mix up the batter. Put it in the freezer. Take it out to scoop and serve. Easy peasy and ready at any time.
Hot Buttered Rum
- 1 lb unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- Spiced Rum
- Rum Chata
- Pumpkin Pie Spice for sprinkling
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk on medium for 5 minutes. Will get nice and frothy.
- Add in 2 Tbsp vanilla and slowly add in powdered sugar while whisking. Mix until fluffy and very very smooth.
- Freeze. Will be like ice cream.
- To make drink, use 1/4 cup butter batter (about 1 ice cream scoop), 1/2 shot spiced rum, 1/2 shot Rum Chata, and 6 oz boiling water. Stir together. When top is frothy, sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and serve.
- Skip the rum and Rum Chata and add a splash of half and half before sprinkling with spices.
Liked this Hot Buttered Rum recipe? Try my Christmas Punch