Comfort food. Oh, how I love comfort food. Chicken Pot Pie is one of my favorites when it comes to comfort food. Both my girls and my husband gobble it up.
I have a great recipe for pie crust, but today, I used pre-made (gasp!!). I also used a foil pie pan to cut down on dishes since we have guests. And, if you make this pie, just cover it and freeze it before baking. Then thaw and cook according to directions.
Look at that delicious filling. You can double this and freeze it in a zip lock. Then just thaw it and pour it in a pie crust and bake. Easy peasy!!
Family Style Chicken Pot Pie
Gather your supplies:
2 pie crusts
1 cup diced peeled potatoes
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/3 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove minced
1 Tablespoon butter
1 cup chicken broth
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup cooked chicken, shredded or diced
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried tarragon
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Enjoy your time in the kitchen:
1. Sauté the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic in butter for 5-6 minutes.
2. Add broth. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth. Gradually add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil, cook for 2 minutes until thick.
4. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes
5. Place 1 pie crust in pie plate. Fill crust with filling and top with second crust.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
Liked my Chicken Pot Pie recipe? You may also want to try my Chicken Pot Pie Soup, you will love it!
↓↓↓ And don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓