Friends! If you have been visiting my site for long, you have seen that I like brownies. I do have my absolute favorite Best Ever Brownies, but these Fudge Brownies With Cream Cheese Fudge Frosting are a very very close second. The only reason that they don’t take first place in my kitchen is that they are not a one bowl brownie. These fudge brownies take on a rich fudge flavor by melting the chocolate bar and butter over a low heat. The frosting is the same. Using a low heat with chocolate takes it to a real “fudge level”…..if there is such a thing. Fudge Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting are going to become a favorite for sure. I imagine this will be my go to dessert for gatherings and delivering to new moms and those who are in need of a good dose of love via food.
The key to make these really awesome is the type of unsweetened chocolate you use. I chose a Ghiradelli bar and it was a wonderful choice. You can use their semi sweet chocolate for the frosting as well. They make a wonderful chocolate as fas as what you can find in any grocery store. Remember, I’m your typical mom who shops at Walmart, Safeway, and Costco. I am in Montana so I don’t have access to lots of “fancy” ingredients.
Make these asap. You won’t be sorry. They are amazing with a hot latte or a big glass of milk. Let your little ones help you and lick the spatula.
*recipe from Better Homes and Gardens magazine*Print
Fudge Brownies With Cream Cheese Fudge Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 oz unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Using a medium sauce pan, heat the butter and unsweetened chocolate. Stir until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 7X11 cake pan with foil and grease. you can use an 8X8 baking pan and alter the baking time
- Sir sugar in to cooled chocolate mixture. Add eggs one at a time and beat with a whisk until well combined. Stir in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour and baking soda. Add this flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir just until combined.
- Spread batter evenly in to prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes and done in center. Let cool
- To make the frosting, whip the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth with no lumps.
- Melt chocolate chips over low heat until melted and smooth. Add to cream cheese and beat with mixer.
- Add in powdered sugar and mix well. Spread over cooled brownies
- Store brownies in fridge.
Liked the Fudge Brownies With Cream Cheese Fudge Frosting? Try my Best Ever M&M Brownies