On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days. Here is recipe 80: Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf!.
This zangy lemon loaf is perfect for spring. It has fresh lemon taste and the blueberries take it over the top. This would be great to serve at all those spring baby showers and bridal parties.
The secret to this being so moist and full of lemon flavor is the lemon syrup that is drizzled over and soaked in. Truly….I want to pour this syrup over all my fruity baked goods.
Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf
1 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoon grated lemon zest (approximately 2 lemons)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup vegetable oil
1 ½ cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 tablespoon flour
⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
⅓ cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of 9X5 loaf pan. Dust with flour and tap out the excess.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and oil. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix the blueberries with the 1 tablespoon flour and fold them gently into the batter.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until done in center. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing loaf to a wire rack.
5. While the loaf is cooling, make the lemon syrup in a small saucepan. Over medium heat, stir together the lemon juice and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Once dissolved, continue to cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
6. Use a toothpick to poke holes in the tops and sides of the warm loaf. Brush the top and sides of the loaf with the lemon syrup. Let the syrup soak into the cake and brush again Let the loaf cool completely.
7. To make the lemon glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and 2-3 tablespoon of the lemon juice. The mixture should be thick and pourable. Add more lemon juice if needed. Once the loaf is completely cooled, drizzle glaze on top and let it harden about 15 minutes before serving.
Liked the Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf? Try Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake
↓↓↓ And don't forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓