Who doesn’t love a hot breakfast?! Whether it be pancakes, baked oatmeal, or these amazing Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches, there are few breakfast foods I don’t love. You can whip these up so fast after dinner or before bed and in the morning, just pop them in the oven for 10 minutes and serve with pride. Soft rolls, sliced ham, warm eggs, and melty cheese……not to mention the savory sauce that these are brushed with! Enjoy!
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 24 thin slices of ham
- 8 oz sliced Colby Jack cheese
- 12 sliced dinner rolls
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Cook in an electric skillet in a thin even layer until slightly firm. Do not over cook as the eggs will get tough. Slice in to 12 portions.
- In a 9X13 greased pan, place the bottom half of all 12 rolls.
- Top with one portion egg, 2 slices thin ham, 1/2 slice cheese, top with the other half of the roll.
- In a glass measuring cup, melt the butter and stir in poppy seeds, mustard, onion powder, and worcestershire sauce.
- Brush sauce over tops of rolls.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight or until ready to serve.
- 15 minutes before serving, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove foil from pan and bake for 10-15 mintues until heated through and golden brown.
- Serve warm and with a smile.
I made a 9×13 pan of these Breakfast Sandwiches with 12 rolls. You can easily half this or double this to meet your needs. I’m thinking this will be the perfect breakfast next time I have house guests. Hearty and savory, perfectly paired with fruit and hot tea.
A little tip about the scrambled eggs, use a large electric skillet to have thin flat “slabs” of egg rather than fluffy, crumble scrambled eggs that you would normally serve. This way, they will easily lay flat in the sandwiches and not go falling out the sides.
Make ahead breakfasts are so nice. My Make Ahead Egg Bake is also a favorie. I serve it with salsa and sour cream and it has a layer of tater tots. Easy as can be! Be sure to check out this recipe as well.
Liked this Breakfast Sandwich? Try my Hawaiian Slider Sandwiches