Mini Layer Cakes
- 1 frozen Sarah Lee pound cake
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup water (more if needed)
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 2 drops blue food coloring
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh blueberries for garnish
- Trim rounded top off pound cake to make it level.
- Cut pound cake in half lengthwise while frozen. Cut halves in equal sized cubes.
- Spread jam on one cube and top with a second. Repeat until all cubes have been paired. Place on baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours.
- While cakes are in the freezer, combine powdered sugar, water, vanilla, and food coloring. Use more water or coloring to achieve desired texture and color.
- Remove cakes from freezer and drizzle with sugar glaze. Glaze will stick quickly since the cakes are so cold. Top immediately with berries.
- Serve and enjoy!
Liked the Mini Layer Cakes? Try Mississippi Mudd Cake