One Skillet Cheeseburger Pasta. I have been on a kick of making One Skillet Pasta dinners. I am loving how quick and easy it is to throw together dinner and it has all the comfort of a casserole without the 45 min in the oven after assembling it.
If I had to pick a “last meal”, it would be a cheeseburger. Without question. I love the flavors and the texture and the satisfaction of eating a perfectly cooked cheeseburger. In the winter months, it isnt as easy to go out to the grill and make up a burger. When I found a recipe for cheeseburger pasta, I knew I could convert it in to a one skillet meal and make it easy and fast.
And let me tell you….the flavors did not disappoint. My husband and I both agree that it has all the flavor of a cheeseburger. My girls loved that it was pasta! My son, well, he just loved that it was food.
There is something so satisfying about making a meal that is delicious but can also be thrown together in such a short amount of time. We all know that the evening hours are so so hectic. If you have toddlers, they are hungry and getting tired. If you have school age kids, you are busy helping with homework and watching your kiddos burst out their last bits of energy. And for you working mommas….its just pure exhaustion of work and being divided in half all day. I think we can all agree that making and easy dinner is pretty important.
This one is sure to be a crowd pleaser and one you will want to add to your menu often.Print
One Skillet Cheeseburger Pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 (28 oz can) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 lb rotini pasta (or any kind of small pasta)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used Cheddar Jack)
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 2 green onions sliced (whites and greens)
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion for about 5 minutes until beef is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in canned diced tomatoes with juices, tomato sauce, chicken broth, 2 cups water, ketchup, dijon mustard, pasta, and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer until pasta is cooked and tender. About 20 minutes.
- Temove from heat, stir in cheese and cover to let set and thicken for 5 minutes.
- Serve with green onions and quartered cherry tomatoes on top.
Liked my One Skillet Cheeseburger Pasta? Then make sure to try the Pesto Chicken Pasta