So simple and so delicious. This Pesto Chicken Pasta is ready in 20 minutes and you only need a handful of simple ingredients.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in to bite sized pieces
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup pesto sauce
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- parmesan cheese to garnish
- chopped fresh basil to garnish
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add vegetable oil.
- Combine chicken garlic, salt, and pepper in the skillet and cook 4-5 minutes until chicken is browned on the outside. Chicken will not be totally cooked through yet and that is ok.
- Mix in heavy cream, parmesan, and pesto and stir until evenly combined with chicken in the skillet.
- Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to simmer and let cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss in pasta and cherry tomatoes.
- Top with fresh basil and parmesan.
Liked my Pesto Chicken Pasta recipe? Then you should try my One Skillet Hawiian Pasta