These Pumpkin Spice Bars with Maple Frosting are so wonderful. I really like how moist they are and the frosting with maple puts these over the edge.
We were having a very chilly and dreary fall day so these beauties were the dessert following warm rolls and Tomato Basil Parmesan soup. Be sure to check out that recipe as well. It just cooks all day in the slow cooker and is ready when you are.
Pumpkin Spice Bars with Maple Frosting
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 15oz can of pumpkin puree
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp maple extract
- 2–3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- In an electric mixer, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix in eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin. Mix well.
- Pour in to greased 10X15 bar pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let bars cool completely and then make the frosting with butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, extract, and whipping cream. Spread over cool bars and enjoy!!
Liked this Pumpkin Spice Bars with Maple Frosting? Try my Spiced Pumpkin Bars