This Million Dollar Spaghetti casserole recipe is all over Pinterest lately. We love it AND, it is freezer friendly. I doubled the recipe and made two 8X8 pans to eat this week and then froze a 9X13 pan to have later. This is comfort food at its finest!Print
Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole
- 16 oz spaghetti noodles
- 2 lb jar of marinara sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese ( I use cheddar/colby blend)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9X13 pan or two 8X8 pans.
- Boil noodles according to package, drain and stir with a drizzle of olive oil so they don’t stick together.
- In a stand mixer combine cream cheese, cottage cheese, and sour cream. Mix well and set aside.
- Brown ground beef and onion until no longer pink. Drain. Add in jar of marinara sauce and stir.
- Begin by layering half of the noodles in the bottom of your greased pan.
- Top with 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese.
- Layer on the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining noodles.
- Spread marinara sauce with ground beef over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes then sprinkle with 2 cups cheese and return to oven for another 15 minutes.
- Let cook for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- *If you want to freeze this, double wrap the casserole in heavy duty foil with instructions written on top. Thaw over night in fridge and top with cheese the last 15 minutes as directed.
Liked the Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole? Try Spaghetti Pie