I have now made Cinnamon Apple Pie Cake twice in a week. It is AMAZING. My husband’s favorite dessert is Apple Pie, my favorite dessert is any kind of cake, and my girls go nuts for apple treats. This is the best combo! Be sure to try it with all the delicious apples that are in season.
Cinnamon Apple Pie Cake
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups superfine white sugar (just spin a few times in the blender)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar for top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 10 inch spring form (cheesecake) pan with nonstick spray.
- Layer the apple slices in the bottom of the pan until they come about 2/3 of the way up the pan.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp Cinnamon Sugar over the apples
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in oil and vanilla and beat well. Fold in the flour.
- Pour batter over the apples and tap the sizes of the pan. Let the pan set for about 10 minutes for the batter to seep down in between the apples.
- Sprinkle top with 1/4 cup Cinnamon Sugar and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely before slicing. We enjoyed the slices warmed in the microwave with ice cream.
*Slightly adapted from The Recipe Girl
Liked the Cinnamon Apple Pie Cake? Don’t miss out my Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread