On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days. Here is recipe 30: Sour Cream Noodle Bake!
The Pioneer Woman is the queen of comfort food. This recipe is from her website (I did change it a tiny bit to use ground beef instead of chuck). She makes cooking comfort food glamorous. Have you visited her site or read her books?
I like anything that I can assemble at nap time and then bake right before dinner. I could have even made this the night before. This was really yummy and filling. It was perfect when served with a salad and some crusty bread.
On an unrelated note, I am reading some books and planning to take a food photography class. I can’t wait to have some great pictures to show you all. For now, we get to look at some less than stellar pictures….but you get some really yummy recipes. I’ll keep you all posted on how my learning goes.
Sour Cream Noodle Bake
1 lb ground beef
1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
8 oz (weight) egg noodles
½ cup sour cream
1 ¼ cup cottage cheese
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Add tomato sauce and salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir then let simmer while cooking egg noodles.
3. Cook egg noodle according to package. Drain and set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, mix sour cream and cottage cheese and some more freshly ground black pepper. Mix in warm noodles.
5. To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half of the meat mixture and sprinkle on half of the cheese. Repeat with noodles, meat and then a final layer of cheese.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Liked my Sour Cream Noodle Bake? Try the Chicken Spinach Lasagna
↓↓↓ And don't forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓