These dairy free, egg free Vegan Blueberry Muffins are also refined sugar free. Use a maple sugar and indulge in this perfect breakfast treat!
We recently learned of dairy and egg intolerance for my kids. I am learning new ways of cooking and baking. These muffins were my first experiment. I replaced the refined sugar with maple sugar and it was perfect! All 12 were gone within an hour of breakfast.
Lets talk egg substitutes. There are several that work, but for this recipe I wanted to use VeganEgg powder. It worked AWESOME! I will for sure keep this stuff on hand.
If you can’t find it (it’s not at all grocery stores) you can order it online HERE.Print
Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups flour (i used all purpose, but experiment with substitutions as needed)
- 3/4 cup Maple sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp VeganEgg algae protein powder
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 Tbsp maple sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tin or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix the flour, 3/4 cup maple sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk together the VeganEgg protein powder and ice cold water in a measuring cup.
- In a small bowl, whisk together VeganEgg mixture, coconut milk, and vegetable oil until smooth.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in fresh blueberries.
- Scoop 2-3Tbsp batter in to prepared muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 Tbsp maple sugar and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle over muffin batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden and done in middle.
Liked the Vegan Blueberry Muffins? Better try my Triple Berry Strudel Muffins