Sometimes I just really have a hankering for cake. Confetti Cake is my favorite and my girls LOVE adding all the sprinkles to the batter. This is just as easy as making a box mix and the flavors are so perfect. And the frosting far out shines the canned frosting.
Lets talk about the Rainbow Chip frosting that is sold in stores. I cannot find it anywhere locally and it makes me want to cry a little (or a lot!) I used to snack on that by the spoonful. I got so excited to make kids birthday cakes just so I could slather on the delicous frosting. So, if you know where to find it, mail me some please 🙂Print
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sprinkles (colored jimmies work best)
- Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 9 inch cake pan with cooking spray and set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, granulated and brown sugar, egg, sour creeam, milk and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and stir until combined. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the sprinkles. Mix only a few times so that the colors dont bleed in to the batter.
- Pour batter in to prepared cake pan and cake for 30-40 minutes unitl the center is done. Let cool on baking rack before frosting.
- Combine ingredients for Buttercream Frosting and mix with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Frost cooled cake and sprinkle with more candies.
Liked my Confetti Cake? Try the Cool Whipped Frosting