On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days. Here is recipe 3: Overnight Pancakes!
These are a yeast pancake and are wonderful. I like the texture and flavor. And it was so nice to pull the batter out of the fridge and make them right away while drinking my coffee.
I love breakfast food, but trying to read a recipe and cook before my morning coffee is sometimes a challenge. That’s what makes these overnight pancakes so great…..no reading necessary first thing in the morning. And, no prep.
We served these with Warm Mixed Berry Syrup. It was a real treat.
2 ¼ teaspoon (1 pkg) active dry yeast
1 ½ cup warm buttermilk
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup sugar
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in buttermilk and let stand for 5 minutes
2. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla and stir in to dry ingredients.
4. Stir in the yeast buttermilk mixture
5. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
6. To make pancakes, pour batter by ¼ cupfuls on to a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubble form on top of pancakes. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
Liked my Overnight Pancakes? Try my Pancakes
↓↓↓ And don't forget to share this recipe with your friends and family! ↓↓↓