- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 cups pitted cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
Enjoy your time in the kitchen
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place bottom crust in pie pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine tapioca, salt, sugar, cherries, and extracts. Let stand 15 minutes. Pour into bottom crust and dot with butter. Cover with top crust, flute edges and cut vents in top. Place pie on a foil-lined cookie sheet–in case of drips!
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Let cool for several hours before slicing. If the crust browns too quickly, cover with foil while it finishes cooking.
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners