White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese:
My girls love Macaroni and Cheese. They are true toddlers and they will eat any kind of pasta in a cheese sauce. Who are we kidding…..most everybody will eat pasta in cheese sauce!!
I originally found a pin on Pinterest that read “White Cheddar and Parmesan Mac and Cheese”. I thought that it sounded worth a try and the picture was very appetizing. So, I clicked on the link and took a look at the recipe. The recipe got rave reviews…..however, there was not one ounce of White Cheddar or Parmesan. Odd! So, I cut the recipe in half and made it the original way in one dish, and I tweaked the other dish to accurately portray the name. Both are delicious. You can find the original recipe HERE.
Look at that gorgeous dish of cheese noodles! And the crispy, buttery topping! OH YUM!
Both the original recipe and this alteration are amazing! I will be making this plenty I am sure.
White Cheddar and Parmesan Macaroni and Cheese
16 oz macaroni pasta (or any shape you like)
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup flour
3 1/2 cup milk, warmed
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
1/2 lb white cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X13 baking dish.
2. Cook pasta 3 minutes less than called for on package. Drain and set aside.
3. Melt 1/2 cup butter and salt and pepper in a medium sauce pan. Add in flour when butter is melted and stir until smooth. Cook for 1 minute more.
4. Add milk and chicken broth lowly. Bring to a boil while whisking.
5. Add white cheddar cheese and Velveeta cheese and stir until melted.
6. Pour over cooked pasta and add to greased baking dish.
7. Combine ingredients for topping and sprinkle over pasta.
8. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Get Your FREE Cookbook
Subscribe and download your FREE cookbook of One Skillet Dinners