On my way to 100 recipes in 100 days. Here is recipe 95: Chicken and Green Chili Pasta
You all have seen the White Chicken Enchiladas. They are smothered in a green chili sour cream sauce. Oh momma homma!!
One of my lovely readers wrote me to tell me how she turned this in to a pasta dish. SO EASY!! Much faster to assemble than rolling the enchiladas and baking. This was great. And if I tell my girls we are having noodles for dinner, I am the world’s best mom.
Chicken and Green Chili Pasta
1 lb penne pasta
3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded with cumin and onion (2 cups)
2 cups shredded Monteray Jack Cheese
3 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoon flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
4 oz diced green chilies
1. Cook pasta acoording to package, drain and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9X13 cooking pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together chicken and cheese.
3. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Stir in flour to make a roux and let bubble for 1 minute. Slowly add in chicken broth and stir constantly. Let bubble and thicken for 10-15 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in sour cream and green chilies. Stir until well combined.
4. In 9x13 baking dish, layer pasta, chicken and cheese mixture two times. Then pour sauce over top. Do not stir.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until bubbly and golden on top.
*Season to your hearts desire. This is a mellow recipe with lots of room to flavor it how you like*
Liked the Chicken and Green Chili Pasta? Try my White Chicken Enchiladas