For days that need a little something more for breakfast I always come back to this French Toast. It’s golden, delicious, and once it’s on the table everyone can top it just the way they like it!
This French Toast is the perfect blend of slightly sweet, rich, and airy. It comes together in minutes and it couldn’t be easier!
For an extra special topping you can try these amazing Fried Apples. If you’ve got a little extra time in the morning, whip them up and serve them hot! Or it can also be made ahead and warmed up for an unbeatable breakfast treat in no time at all.
Pro Tip: Make the egg mix and slice the bread the night before. Keep the egg mix in the fridge and have a quick breakfast ready!
1 loaf of country French bread, sliced (I get the double pack from the Costco bakery)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Whip eggs, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and brown sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until creamy and almost frothy.
- Pour egg mixture into a pie plate for easy bread dipping.
- Heat and electric skillet to about 300 degrees or medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Dip bread in egg mixture on both sides coating each side well but don’t let the bread get soggy.
- Cook for about 3 1/2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
My kids like theirs all kinds of ways. Syrup. Peanut butter and syrup. Powdered sugar. Fruit and powdered sugar. Peanut Butter with bananas and powdered sugar. The options are endless!
Liked this recipe? Check out these amazing related dishes:
- Cake Batter Pancakes
- Fried Apples – makes an amazing topping!
- Include Your Little Ones With These Tips