Do your kids have a favorite meal that you could make over and over for them? This One Skillet Creamy Chicken Pasta is "that" dinner in our house.
See all this beauty?! This is another one of my favorite One Skillet Meals. It's chicken and pasta.....you really can't go wrong with chicken pasta. I love that it is all cooked in one pan and comes together in 30 minutes. Think chicken noodle casserole without the peas and doesn't need to be in the oven for 45 minutes. My girls devoured this and my son was telling me "yum yum" with each cheesy noodle bite.
I loved the abundance of carrots in this dish. You could add peas if you like. You could add mushrooms too. Or, keep it simple and enjoy!
One Skillet Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 can cream of chicken soup + 1 can milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ lb fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded + ½ cup for topping
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet
- Add chopped carrots, celery, onion, and minced garlic. Saute over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add raw chicken, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes (chicken will still be a bit pink in the middle, it will finish cooking next)
- Add soup, milk, broth, parsley, thyme and pasta. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheese and let set for 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining ½ cup cheese and serve.
Liked the One Skillet Creamy Chicken Pasta? Try my Pesto Chicken Pasta