Copy Cat Texas Roadhouse Rolls
- 2 1/4 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 /14 cup milk, salded and cooled to room temp
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled to room temp
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 4 cups flour
- Melted butter to brush on rolls
- Scald your milk on the stove and then allow to cool to room temperature.
- In the mixing bowl of your electric mixer, disolve the yeast in the warm milk and stir in honey. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to foam up.
- Mix in melted butter, egg, and kosher salt. Slowly add in flour.
- Using bread hook, allow dough to knead for 7-8 minutes until smooth and slightly sticky to the touch.
- Transfer dough to greased bowl. Grease the top of the dough and cover to let rise for 1 hour (unitl doubled in size)
- Punch down dough and allow to rest on counter for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough in to a rectangle about 1 inch thick and slice in to squares.
- Place squares on to greased cookie sheet and preheat oven to 350.
- Once rolls have risen to nearly double in size, bake them for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove browned rolls from oven and brush with melted butter.